Monday, October 5, 2009

Adrian's MASSIVE Weight Lost Programme

It's pretty common to receive emails with that heading nowadays. Proven, guaranteed weightloss in 7 days, secret military workouts revealed, and on and on and on. Never really cared to try it before, because, since I'm now BACK in Australia, it's time for the weight to shed automatically la. I'M BACK! yup, far from home again. Hehehe. Dunno why, but somehow when I'm here, the kilos just lose itself. Before I went home, I had lost at least 6 kgs and when I came back to Malaysia, of cos I had "successfully" regained that weight again. So, I'm not really back to where I had started, no no, I've somehow also managed to lose at least 2 kg already within this one month of being back here! I dunno why, maybe it's the diet? Maybe I'm forced to walk here and there? Maybe there's no good Char Koay Teow, Hakka Mee, Nasi Lemak, Nasi Kandar and all that lovely food I love to enjoy. But then again, I don't starve myself. I still eat! As per usual servings etc. Strange but true.

Well, the weather has been pretty crazy these few days. Suddenly hot, then freezing cold, then extra freezingly cold, then super hot. The worst part of being in a cold climate, is sleeping time. When your pillow has this cold feeling and you feel the chill when you lay your head onto it. Brrrrrrrrrr....But then something warm to cool the cold weather. And my mouth gets very dry and in the morning, it all gets really yucky with congestion, which I shall not elaborate so that you will not lose, or see your breakfast, lunch or dinner again!

Very recently I had received this e mail or rather message from one of my ex-students. It is of course always very nice to hear from them every once in a while, to know how they're doing. Of course, I'd have to say that most of them are indeed doing very well in their careers as well as personal lives. Indeed, it is something that I am very proud of. However, there are of course many who come once in a while to ask for favours. or for advice Well, sometimes, some I can help, some I find very annoying, some very pretentious. E.g., a student wanted help from me, out of the blue after 2 years of non-contact. Of course, in the end, it had something to do with the student needing to get into USM. Or, asking me to find a job for them in Melbourne. Hmmmmmmm....I'm not exactly working here as well. There are of course more than a handful of kids which I have "lobbied" for or helped get into the industry. In Malaysia of course, and I guess that's the best I could do. So back to the message, which reads,

Harlo, long time din see you online d. How are you?
I'd tried to reach you in msn for a few times, but no luck to see you there. Well, finally it's our batch graduation! LOL! It's a happy day. However, it seems different without your attendance. It's too bad that i don get the chance to meet you face-to-face, and say THANK YOU to you, for all what you have did to me, helped me when i'm in problem. Miss the day you gave your lectures in class, miss your jokes, miss your sharing about football matches, and so many more.

Again, thank you for being my lecturer! Take care!

Best regards,

Of course I wont put the person's name just for the sake of anonymity. But the person will know who he/she is when he/she reads this then. Well, this is of course better than getting a big fat monetary bonus! Although I wouldnt mind some monetary bonuses every now and then! Heheheh. Sometimes I do think back, how on earth, and why on earth did I choose the academics line?! Still baffles me sometimes!

Let's see pictures pictures. Too many too upload la. I think I have 5 GB of pics taken from my time in Msia and in my 1 month in OZ. Work back in Msia was pretty good. Although I have to apologise to many people for I did not have the chance to really meet up. Seriously, the travelling was really tiring. Sometimes, I'll need to drive from Malacca - Seremban - KL - Penang just to search for one movie. And worst part is, I can't find it. Or, after all that searching EVERYWHERE, it turns up at the Jusco in Seremban, which is 15 mins from my house. Meeting up with the people in the industry was the best thing, for they had provided me with so much insight. It is indeed a great loss that I did not get to meet Yasmin. Our original plan to meet in June was postponed till August, and of course she had left us before that. Oh well, she lives on in all her work. Will be going to watch her movies Talentime and Muallaf at the Malaysian Melbourne Film Festival this Wednesday. Sigh.

Well, back to work as usual for now. Currently deaf in the left ear due to the air pressure from all the air travelling. I think within 4 months I've been on the plane at least 10 times already. Enough for now. I can't hear in my left ear! It feels like a broken speaker which goes "pop" every once in a while. Anyway, let me just quickly run through and see if I can find a picture of me....I'll just try to arrange them chronologically and according to the places I had managed to visit. Oh yeah, daylight saving is back, so now it's a 3 hour time difference between Melbourne and Malaysia. On Sunday morning, I woke up, is it 9? or 8? or 9? or 8? Heheheh...Sunday morning wor!!!



Jumping into Halong Bay, Hanoi from the top of the Junk, which was approximately 3 stories high!


And the reward, buying an extra expensive beer from one of these boat people, and hanging onto it while drinking.


All of us in Halong Bay


Trying to overcome my fear of heights by using this primitive staircase in Kuching. It definitely has a different view from the top!


The most popular place to take pics in Kuching, in front of the kucings.


At Old Trafford, eh I mean, at Stadium Bukit Jalil for the Manchester Utd pre-season tour. Even got the glowing horns to match the jersey. Hehehe.


Thanks to my super long, but not long enough lenses, it was already surreal enough seeing players like Giggs, Van Der Sar and Rooney! It was even more surreal-ler getting to see the players up close. Even more surreal-ler-ler to see them play. Even more surreal-ler-ler-ler to see one scoring a goal. Even more surreal (ok you get my point) to see MICHAEL OWEN, score a goal and the winning goal to boot. Even more surreal to see Giggs, sitting on the pitch!

TO be continued....