Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Engrand vely powderful ah Part 4

I woke up and went back to sleep numerous times today. The weather was just too conducive for sleeping. The keyword for today is, water. Most of everything I've done has something to do with water. When I woke up, it was raining. Then I went out in the rain. Or rather went back to sleep numerous times and awoke again and again. Finally, at 11ish I decided to get out of bed. Went to visit the conference location for a while before heading out to the city again. Rain. So I decided to drop by a gift shop to buy a cap, which was priced at 3.99P which someone else bought for 9.99. Of course I won't tell her la. Hehehe. And of course, after that, the rain stopped. So I proceeded to walk down the street and went to King's College. The place was simply magnificent. The pics I shall upload onto FB. I'm just too tired to describe each picture as it is! But seriously, it was one of the nicest places to be. It was very peaceful and serene. A good place for thinking and for ideas to develop. Then the rain came and went and came and went. Then I proceeded further down the street and went to a museum. Can't remember the name but it was incredible. I managed to see paintings from the 14th century onwards, a Bible from the 9th century, weapons from the 14th century onwards and a full metal iron casted Knight on a horse. Man, it certainly looked intimidating! The highlight of the day was ironically, meeting a former British soldier who said that he served in Malaya during the Communist Emergency. Ironically, in a museum! I managed to chat a while with him and shook his hand, telling him that it was an honour to meet him. 2 hours wasn't enough to cover the museum, so I then decided to make one last round in Cambridge city before leaving tomorrow. Finally went punting! It was nice and really relaxing. Would've appreciated the punter's commentary more, for there was a man who was speaking more about his experience in Cambridge, and was trying to challenge her knowledge on Cambridge! I was like, diam la woi! Bising je...But of course he wouldn't have understood so I also kept quiet la. Alas, I had fish and chips for dinner! With a pint of ale to wash it down. Top class! Tomorrow I shall be travelling to Oxford and then meeting Soon Lock, whom I've not met for a good 10 years in London! Need to catch the 7am bus tmrw to Oxford, so gonna crash now. Gd nite!

"Inside King's College"

"Outside King's College"

"In the courtyard"

"After punting"

"Finally, some original fish and chips"