Friday, August 6, 2010

My Engrand vely powder ah part 4

Although my Engrand is quite powderful, I still find it a bit difficult to understand the Brit accent. And I do know that there are also all sorts of different accents depending on which part of the UK you come from. I'm currently back in London, having brownies for breakfast. I actually bought them for dinner that I can have at the bus station in Oxford whilst awaiting for the bus. But, along the way I saw a shop selling pizzas for 4 pounds. So the brownies were forgotten! The pizza was good, I had one which was some African styled one, then name I had of course forgotten!

Oxford to me wasn't as nice as Cambridge. I just felt that the place was too congested and that there wasn't much space to move about. It was basically "Sydney" while Cambridge to me was "Melbourne"! Hope that sums it up! I just toured Oxford by foot. I took the map of the tour bus and followed the route by foot. Tagging along my luggages! I did manage to follow most of it, but was a bit disappointed for many colleges were actually closed. So in the end I decided to go on a walking tour that explored 2 colleges, Trinity and New Chapel College, where parts of the Harry Potter film was filmed. The tour was really good, informative and insightful. It costs around 7 pounds but we entered 2 colleges. Plus I got to visit the "old" site where Oxford was originally located. I'll be meeting up with Jye Horng today, who'll be making the trip up from Wolverhampton to see me! Woooohooooooo! I arrived in London last night at around 8pm. The bus ride wasn't so bad. I guess just passed out most of the way. I then met Soon Lock here. Of course there was so much confusion, cause there were 2 Marks and Spencer, which was our meetin point. I had 10 chicken wings for dinner. And after that I really just knocked off!

After breakfast, I'll be making my way to Buckingham Palace to see the change of guards. Might pay homage to the queen. Hehehe. I'm doing my own itinerary of where to go all la. No pressure tours. Just want to be free and easy and do whatever I can! OK, I shall be posting my pics on FB from now on.