Saturday, May 9, 2009

best in the world

i have decided to blog every once a month, this one makes up for the one month i had left out. a wise man always quoted the little joys in life as "best in the world". yesterday, i had experienced that feeling. i will let the two pictures tell the story. basically, it had been a good day, i enjoyed a good breakky of ham and egg roll with a latte, an enjoyable lunch, of ayam penyet (indonesian food) with leah, it had been a good study day as well, an even better dinner with friends, where i had a really good time playing boardgames of taboo, one more i cant remember its name (but we had fun with the little plastic frogs, with hobart and hil making them leap into cups, which was not part of the game!) and something like a boardgame truth or dare, with a good meal of char koay teow and some fried seafood (which Yanuar and I shared) and my yummy vanilla ice-cream. donna said, to describe me through the flavour i was having, "BORING but dependable!" hahahahah. of cos it was the company i had enjoyed the most! sadly, no one took any pics of the dinner!

now studying in the library is tiring. i feel so exhausted already! i guess firstly, i can't stand others making noise around me. secondly, if i need to go to the toilet, i need to carry my laptop in my hand (for the small one) or pack everything up and carry it with me (for the big one!). of course the sign i was sitting under said "leave it for a minute, lose it for a lifetime" kept haunting me la. so i carried it everywhere. thirdly, in the end i feel more exhausted, maybe it was because i am too used to relaxing and studying at home. angela said, aiyah why u so lembab one la u?! hahaha...

strangely enough, yesterday there were two girls smiling at me, once during lunch and the other at the bar. of cos i know that firstly they ARE real human beings. i'm not beaming at the fact that girls were smiling at me la, rather, i have a terrible memory with people i meet once or twice and have problems with names or faces! so i really couldn't register who they were! and i was like, in my head (have i met u somewhere before? I AM IN TROUBLE!!! oh dear!) again, i am not being 'perasan' la, i'm very shy one la. if a girl were to smile at me i wouldn't know how to react! just look away? smiling at me meh?!! smile back? pretend i'm blind? suddenly i can't see! suddenly my toes look very interesting! hahaha...but then again, sometimes i wish i had better memory in remember faces and names. speaking of which the supernatural, i read this quote in one of the journals i was reading yesterday. "According to Chinese beliefs, red is the colour for revenge for an unjust death and it is also the colour that Chinese warn against wearing to bed or as underwear, for fear of attracting lustful ghosts." For sure I have no red underwear, but then I always wear red to sleep laaa...but then i always hear of ppl saying must wear red underwear for gambling (as a secret and hidden weapon for luck). After this i'm gonna watch a singaporean ghost film, the maid. heard it is good! im not a fan of horror, but then again, i just need to destress for a while! someone asked me a few days ago, why do u look so tired, are u sick? i replied, no la, im just feeling very stressed. and the person went, STRESS?! (with the face saying, studying also can stress one meh?! cheh!) oh well, different people go thru different kinds of stress. to me, studying the phd is very stressful!

anyway, in the end, these three things constitute what are "best in the world," the 3 F's. (don't start thinking of other things beginning with F ok?! this is a "clean blog"! of cos then the uncensored version would be 4F's, but we'll leave that for later!) 1. Family 2. Friends 3. Food (and the fourth one I leave to your imagination, but remember, this is a "clean" blog!)

but ultimately, these 2 pics say, "best in the world".


"Alas...After 12 MONTHS(!!!) of being lost in the wilderness, I have finally found my "PINT OF BLACK STUFF" in one of them Irish bars! Curious though that the bartender didn't understand what that was, until we said, GUINNESS!! Malaysia bars pun paham, OZ bars tak paham! Cheers..."


"Mmmm...this pic has two elements of "best in the world". The sensation of the Guinness down my throat after one year (wah i am longing for some now! suddenly mouth feels dry and thirsty looking at that pic...don't look don't look) and the club to which jersey I am wearing!" In the end I had two of those babies in an hour! It could've been a better night if the bartender had been more smiley instead of being a bit sour faced! But at this point I know of people who will jump and say, MAYBE ONLY TO U LAAAAAAAA...maybe la, I dunno! Again, it was also the company I had enjoyed. In the end, we decided to make it a drinking session every once in a while...then every fortnight. Then after all the drinks, we decided it was to be a weekly affair! Cheers to my friend Tiong Guan! Cheers to all things "Best in the world"! Cheers!