Saturday, August 7, 2010

My Engrand vely powderful ah part 5

I can't imagine that it's 930am in Melbourne and 730am in Malaysian as I write this. I'm so used to being 2 hours ahead of Malaysian time. Plus, I'm not used to the thought that I'm kind of "behind" Malaysian time! It has been an awfully tiring day in London. The one thing that I've experienced the most here, is the hearing of sirens. Ambulances, fire engines, police cars. It's almost 1 siren every hour! Today I travelled to Buckinham Palace to have tea with Her Royal Highness. Hehehe. The place was packed and congested with people who had come from everywhere. It was nice to just stand in front on the palace gates and appreciate its beauty and to also appreciate the fact that I am actually standing at the gates of Buckingham Palace. It's really nice being here. After hearing so much about the UK, and about England (not Engrand, hehe) it's really nice to finally be here! As such, I always say, who knows what tomorrow brings?! In early July I never would've expected that I'd be here in August! I also got to see No. 10 Downing St. But there was no sight of David Cameron. I mean seriously, most of the time we see all these on TV or read about them in books and such. I was also the unofficial photographer for quite a number of people for I stood at the gates for a rather long time. So they went, excuse me, could you help me take a picture? Until the end I jokingly told a group of girls that I charge 5 pounds per pic! And of course I too needed some help from others! I then just walked around St. James Park. The highlight of the day was seeing the change of guards at of the imperial guards! And I got to see it twice! Really interesting to see these event live. Also, I seriously feel that London can be toured on foot, provided one likes to walk! I finally met Jye Horng today in London. It was nice meeting up. It's even nicer, the thought of him actually travelling all the way up to meet me. I finally met Soon Lock's wife, Chia Ye and I must say they make quite a great couple! Hehehe. Finally I had Chinese food, YES, I know, eating Chinese food in the UK. Well, we were in Chinatown, so what else to eat better than Chinese food. Not too bad I must add. Hehehe. Speaking about food, the best thing about living in his place is that he lives above a fried chicken shop. Literally! Seriously! And I go to bed smelling the delicious aroma of fried chicken, and I also awake smelling it! What else can you ask for?! Hahahaha. So what's on tomorrow? Seriously, I know I'm going to begin the tour with the changing of guards at Buckingham Palace. Then who knows what tomorrow brings eh?