Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Engrand vely the powerderful ah Part 6

I've kind of lost count how long I've been here. I think today's either my 7th day I guess. Was awoken up by some bad news this morning, that a certain friend of mine had passed on. Well, I've not really met her for a good 10-15 years, but anyhow, I do hope that she's in a better place now. Hence, life's so short la. No time to waste on useless worries and hate. So just live life la. Will be off for mass in a while, there's a church just down the street from here. I've been praying for my family and friends and had some special intentions at churches all over Cambridge, Oxford and now in London. Of course I'd pray for the general wellbeing and health and happiness for all la. Just returned from mass. It's the most unique feature that struck me was that they had the Hail Mary at the end of Mass to give devotion to our mother. And they had 2 deacons too, who were very very young! Mass was very full of tradition, yet rather casual at the same time. The peace be with you session was a scatter of people everywhere, who went from front to back to greet each other!

Yesterday we "tried" to see the change of guards at Buckingham Palace. I couldn't really see much because of the "ocean" of people there! It was crazily madly packed! I can't imagine being a copper and having to direct and maintain the order of the place. So after catching glimpses of the event, we proceeded to London Bridge! More of that in the pics section la! And after that I proceeded to meet my cousin, Ping, whom I've not met for a good 5-10 years?! So, it was very much catching up and of course reminsicing about the good old times. It was really nice to remember and know that after all that we've been through, us cousins always have this special memory and bond of growing up together!

It then rained and rained and rained, and Les Miserables was sold out! Hence I shall be uncultured for yet another day! But, today, Jye Horng and I will be going to Wembley to watch Manchester United versus another team that I don't really recall its name. Hahaha. Yalar, Chelsea la. Speaking of Jye Horng and my former students in particular, they still call me Sir! So during dinner one day, he went SIR SIR! And I said, eh don't call me Sir here, not in this country! Get it?! Anyway, today's my chance to sream and shout but what I actually would really love to absorb the atmosphere in the stadium! Jerseys ready!


"Visiting the location of the childhood nursery rhyme...after almost 30 years!"


"On London Bridge, looking at that funny looking pedal powered machine that has a table in the centre, whereby you can have drinks! So how does London Bridge look like la?! Usually in pictures they look like this..."


"Right?! But then...that's TOWER BRIDGE!"

"London Bridge...ini macam je...biasa looking one! So for almost 30 years I've been conned into believing something else! Hehehe...Oh well, nothing beats the experience of being there!"


"And you can walk on top of the bridge as well!"

OFF TO WEMBLEY!